Updated: Apr 27, 2022
I think it's safe to say that monster cookies are everyone's favourite cookie. The melty chocolate chips, the smarties, and the peanut butter are the perfect combination! These never last long in anyone's house, they're so good!
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp honey or corn syrup(whatever you have)
4 1/2 cups quick oats
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup smarties or M&M’s (we’ve always used smarties)
1/2 cups chocolate chips (or raisins)
1. Cream peanut butter, butter, and sugars together.
2. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and corn syrup (or honey).
3. Mix in the remaining ingredients.
4. With oiled hands, roll dough into balls and place on cookie sheets. Place far enough apart according to the desired size. Press down slightly with your hand.
5. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, or 7-8 for smaller sized cookies.
Best enjoyed warm or cooled with a glass of milk.
Yield: 2-3 dozen
Some notes on the recipe:
You can cook for less time if you want a nice chewy cookie and more if you want a good milk dipping cookie (also good!).
You can skip pushing the cookie dough down once placed on the pan to create a thicker cookie. Just know that this will create a more chewy cookie.
I think this is every farmer's favourite lunch snack so save this recipe for spring seeding time!
If you try it, let me know how it goes!
If you'd like to receive notifications of all the recipes I post, just subscribe with your email! Or, you can always follow me on Instagram and Facebook to get updates!
Thanks for reading!